There are a lot of pools that are in need of a face lift. If you are tired of looking at your old pool, you can change it and make it look brand new! There is a lot that can be done with an existing pool. Let's look at Concrete/Gunite Pools pools first.
With this type of pool you can change and update the following:
- Waterline tile- Most tile on older pools are missing grout and outdated. This is a great way to start at the top of the pool and give it an updated look, it could also stop a possible leak. There are many styles and sizes available, such as glass, mosiacs, 2", 3", 6", stone, pebble, etc.
- Interior Finish- Old plaster can look dingy and ugly, it can also be rough on your feet. There are a lot of more durable finishes on the market. Most pools today are finished with pebble and crystal aggreagate finishes. These finishes will give your pool an updated look and can last up to 25 years with proper maintenance.
- Coping and Decking- The deck around your pool is a great place to update the look of your pool. You can do something as simple as a deck coating that is very inexpensive and will make your deck look and feel brand new! Travertine pavers and coping are a very popular option, these are cool to walk on and look beautiful.
- Major Structural Changes- Many of the features that are found in today's pools can be added to your existing pool. These are just some of the changes that you can make to your pool: Tanning ledges, Swim Jets, Hot Tubs, Negative Edges, Perimeter Overflows, Steps, Benches, etc. You can even shallow your pool if you like.
- Water Features: are a great item to add to your pool. The sound of running water is very soothing. You can add one or more of the following: Waterfalls (Natural Stone, Tile), Deck Jets, Laminars, Water Woks, just to name a few.
- Liner Change Outs- Replacing your old and worn out liner with a new liner is an easy way to update the look of your pool.
- Waterline Tile- You can even have waterline tile installed on your Vinyl Liner Pool
- Steps and Benches- You can remove your old ugly white steps and install new steps and benches that the liner goes right over. This will give your pool a seamless look.
- Coping and Decking- Updating your pool with a new deck is a great way to make your pool look beautiful. You can have the following installed: Travertine, Stone, Concrete Pavers, Deck Coating, etc.
- Water Features- See above
- Shallowing- You can take your eight foot deep pool and make it any depth that you want.
We hope that this helps you with beautifying your pool. These items are best left to a Licensed Swimming Pool Contractor.